Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Status

Life is pretty amazing. I just have to shake my head whenever I think about how my plans go awry whenever I just give God the reins. We had big plans and yet when we realized that God might have other plans… we took a huge big breath and just said Ok Lord. And it really just blows me away. Never expected to be living back in North Dakota… yet here we are. Life is really simple and I love it. I spend more time on the phone with my oldest back home than I have ever spent on the phone but other than that…. It’s working. God really knows his stuff. So the kid is rocking along down in OK. She’s settling in with her roommates and is just two classes short of graduating high school early. Looks like this fall she’ll be finishing up English 4 and one elective to graduate around her birthday! It’s kinda amazing to see this path and where it’s taking her. She has about five weeks of school left and she’s done with her classes both in her Christian studies and her nursing at the community college. She’ll be a CPA for the summer. Yah! Then she’ll be moving on with the next step…. LPN school. It’s so freaking amazing seeing the work that God is doing in her life. She’s set to head on her first international missions trip this summer and I’m in awe… just pray that she stays on God’s journey for her… cause I’ll kick her little white butt if we have a conflict lol…. The little is amazing as well. Musical and really enjoying the new school…. She randomly came home and announced that she was going to try out for cheer as some of her classmates encouraged her to join them on the team…. Ummmmm okay, I literally love the fact that this kid still surprises me greatly. She’s funny too, in the same way that Dave is… ironic and wry… I’m usually the butt of their jokes but even I have to laugh… urgh. How in the world did I get so lucky. Two completely different human beings from Dave and I… not to be gross lol. Still fighting with tummy issues but the splint took care of my jaw… How in the hell do I seem to keep falling apart. .. Luckily I keep getting healing and answers.