Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, October 19, 2015

Scared but Praying

We just submitted the application for my oldest to attend her first full fledged missions trip. To South America... this summer. Without us. She'll be spreading her wings and flying. She will be supervised by a very capable church team that does missions all over the world.... but she's my baby. I just feel so strongly that I need to help her achieve her goal of serving. She has wanted to do missions for some time now and each time, we find some reason to say no. This time, we are saying yes. It might not work out... but her application is in and I'm walking on faith. I'll not stand in the way of God using her to spread his love. That said, oh please pray for her.... she'll be 17.5 at the time she goes... but in some ways, she's 60 so I'm trying not to let seeds of doubt stand in the gap. Watching her serve God would be the biggest blessing...

Once again, Dave is cool and calm while I'm the weirdo freak out person... oh this marriage of mine is a wild ride.