Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, August 7, 2015

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO seriously

I broke down and cried. I don't cry alot. It's just not in my bucket of usual. I'm busy serving my family. My girls are busy as hell. My oldest is really digging in for four subjects right now. She's kicking ass but chemistry may make her pull her hair out. Little one is almost ready for seventh grade which starts next week but honestly puberty is making things a little oh so stressful right now. Lord have mercy. I just can't even. So I just share some chocolate with her and hug her. Last night we just cuddled up and read next to each other.

Max is settling in good. With daddy working crazy hours, he needs our attention and love. He's so precious. He's such a hot mess. We play and he loves our big family room. He literally runs a big lap around the couches with her toys and babies. I'm really happy watching Murphy and him play and enjoy sharing a space.

My art is another day. But I launched a tshirt line that frankly scares me. But we will see how the first shipment sells.

BUUUUUUT I cried.... because I received a call from a state paper that I had sent some of my columns to previously. The editor read some and they want to carry my column. This editor is over multiple papers in the state.

God has so blessed me. When I started writing my little column last year it was such a blessing and surreal to see my words in print. I cried then too. Then when I had to leave and they wanted to continue carrying me. Little teary there too. God is so good to me. I promise to keep using my column as a place to give him glory and write honestly about how I see things.

Very blessed.