Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, March 10, 2014

Humbled

I'm unusually humbled today. Yesterday was a fun day. We got up and rushed around like circus clowns to get to church on time. I fought an anxiety attack during preaching, it was too hot and I was running a fever and basically uncomfortable as possible. But I had my daughter snuggled under my arm listening to the preacher, my husband sniffling and sneezing next to me with his arm around me. I could see my teen across the way, sitting next to an international student she met during softball practice and didn't want sitting alone. It was a good day. Then our afternoon changed a little.

Our office phone rang so Prin grabbed it, thinking it was my mom. She rarely answers the office phone but she answered it with our store name and then proceeded to go downstairs. Not thinking, I kept putting lunch together. Then she comes upstairs and hands me the phone.

It was a family here in our town. They had picked several outfits on our website that they would like their 13 year old daughter to try on. We agreed and made arrangements to meet at their house. We packed up their choices and headed out.

This sweet family has a busty 13 year old who has spent 4 years in confirmation classes through her church and in two weeks she will have her confirmation ceremony. They wanted her to wear one of our dresses.

Blown. away.

Blessed.

We advertise as a modest and fashionable boutique. There is absolutely nothing on our site that I wouldn't let my daughters wear to church. That is kinda of our benchmark. And it reached out to this family and they blessed us.

By choosing us, they blessed us.

I can't wait to see her in her dress she chose!