Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, March 1, 2014

Captain

I'm keeping things running from my chair.... Captain oh Captain... thy ass has spread. Good lord but I need to get on that elliptical shopping stat. Overall the days have just melded into one another. The last 24 hours have been fun. In a purely stomach discontent, Bosnian rebels fighting it out in my bowels kind of way. Dave took us for Mexican so we didn't have to cook, so freaking sweet. Except they glutened me and it was bad. The retching could apparently be heard over the sound of Thor and from two rooms away. At least he held my hair.... after shoving three days worth of fiber pills into me, we then set out to make it through the night. I'd like to report..... I'm still sick but feeling better. Welcome to my world. What in the hell will I do when I finally do leave my house and go back to a real job again one day?

As we run full speed into March, I have a full plate. Dave is busy as hell at work. This week he has a company convention in Las Vegas to attend, yes by all means lets feel bad for the boy lol.... Being drug to Vegas with his boss for a few days! Sucks huh? But I'll get a treat, he never forgets to bring me something back. He's a keeper.

Princess is prepping for the high school softball team tryout. Since I can't throw a ball and Dave's swamped, she's working with a private coach to get her arm back in shape and keep her active with drills. A local university has a softball team and that is where we found our gem! I love watching her play. Honestly I thought we'd be done with softball after moving here and joining the travel team. They messed with everything constantly. Trying to change her throw, the way she hits, the way she catches. So when she came up with the plan for the high school team, I was surprised. Even more surprised to see her doing it HER way this time. She's pushing back on any advice that messes with her basics. Good for her. Good coaching fine tunes you, not changes you. Her grades are finally up to honor roll standards so next week, looks like the kid will be taking her driving test. Good lord, she's gonna be a freshman driver. I'm actually thrilled cause she can totally help me run errands and etc. She has been knee deep in our store as well... she's the model/co-owner and gopher as it is..... (can't wait till Duchess gets big enough to model too)





Duchess is almost done with volleyball camp. She's struggling with following directions and mainly just a little hormonal ball of emotions. 11 is such a great age. I get lots of hugs but she's starting to look at me like I'd better what my back lol. The kid is a thinker and kinda scares me. Her class got two guinea pigs as pets and it's all I've heard of for two weeks. That and being that Meri is allergic to pet dander, she pretty much comes home in hives EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Sigh. Obviously she just doesn't care. Although side note, the kid is growing!!!! I've taken to buying her jeans at Wally world (don't judge me) bc I seem to get new ones every two weeks, hem them and then the next week, they are high waters. She's starting to really encroach on Prin's height. Lol She's gonna be the tall one! Go girl. But her little fashion sense has blossomed and she's really starting to do a nice job dressing herself. Like these:



Dave just completed his Masters in Business. We now have six degrees between the two of us. Six years ago, we had none. God is good! Just blessed beyond measure peeps.

Oh and our little retail store? Opened this quarter in the black. Fully seated in the black. We are putting all profits right back into the store though, upgrading our merchandising stuff and promo materials! We are slowly getting there. Here's a sneak peek of some of our goodies we have in stock ready for the next trunk show which will be this Tuesday night here in town.... (shit, that means I have to put face and hair on that day.... the real irony here is that I of all people own a fashion store. shitballz, lol)





So all in all, busy beavers. Oh and my phone died. My poor Galaxy bit the dust and went to heaven. Sooooooo I buckled (had no choice cause he picked it out) and got an iphone 5s. Damnit I hate it, cause that phone is cooler than cat shit. Blah, hate when he's right.