Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Joey

Princess is 15. She's a happy 15. She's also very vested in the family which means that while she's starting to pull away from us in certain areas, she's still close to us in others. While there are girls in her school posting pictures of cleavage, questionable body parts and inappropriate wording all over their social media, my kid working hard to get her grades up, prep for softball, help out at home and find her own footing outside of that "normal" world. I worry that it will be hit us soon, that one day she'll join the ranks of the undesirable teen but for now, she's my Joey.

The kid has this thing about spending time with me. If she doesn't get my attention, she finds a way to put her hands in my pocket.... which starts the "Joey" skit.

(lord help me if I have no pockets at the time)

Regardless of where we presently are, if she turns on the "Joey" everyone around us knows.

She starts singing at the top of her lungs in a fake British access about "I'm your Joey in your pocket mum" and "don't forget your Joey mum"....

I usually end up a pile of mom and teen giggling pissy mess. Meaning I'm pissed and laughing at the same time. Poor people around us, surely they have to think she's mentally special....

But she's my Joey.

My incredibly athletic 116 lb Joey who wants my attention "right-the-fuck-now-please" lol