Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, January 25, 2014

D's.... not boobs either

So Princess walked in my house with a D in English. Now I do realize that we're having huge issues with the English teacher.... who buy the way, managed to have "the janitor throw away ALL graded papers from the ENTIRE semester before ANYBODY saw them". So Prin isn't the only one doing poorly, however... life isn't fair. At all. Not fair. So guess what, she's gonna do the time anyway.

So keeping in mind the circumstances that the D came with, I'm allowing her to keep her drivers permit. I'm allowing her to keep her phone and electronics. However, she's grounded from hanging with friends until I see an A on midterms. She's also paying me in chores....

Today's chores:
-help dad cut the antlers off the dead head of his buck (meat came back from the processor)
-dig out all the dog poo in the yard (chip that crap up girl it's ghetto looking)
-gather all trash and clean up garage
-scrub down all bathrooms
-vacuum back stairs and clean out shoe closet

That should rub it in and remind her that hard work pays off. Seriously, I get that it might not be all her fault but in life, you still have to work hard and fight for what you want. She'll have to fight to get the grade in English she wants.

Plus I've ordered us both home copies of all the books that they are covering in English this semester. I'll work with her to try and stay ahead of the curve.

But I'll get my payment for that freaking D somehow.

Side note: I owe Duchess a shit ton of money.... honor roll for the baby