Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ups and Downs

Life is always fun in Griswald-ville. My babies are on their last leg of their summer vacation extravaganza. Good grief but I miss those babies. They are enjoying life with my momma and daddy. They went all up through Elvis' house and property. It was kinda of a big deal. Ready for my babies.

Till then, I'm done with school. Like for realz dog. So yeah I'm job hunting now. We will see how this works out. I'm taking my time. I want to pick the right thing and I have time. Let's see how long it will take me shall we? I'm betting six months to find the right thing. Dave refuses to guess cause he says God's time frame. Good point, I retract my statement. Side note: gotta see about a trip into big town to get some interview outfits. (that is in case someone actually wants to interview me, optimistic aren't I?)

I've finally got my resume done. Between two former bosses and a few of my recruiter friends, we all did some work on that thing. Turns out I'm super picky about it and could frankly change it constantly and never be happy. So I sucked it up and started pushing it out today. I've called and spoken with all my references. God, they make me sound so awesome. I'd totally hire me.

Dave the most awesome husband tricked me into going on a road trip. I'm so awesome to spend time with on a roadtrip. First off, after twenty minutes in a stinking vehicle I instantly fall asleep. Sweet. Then you have to take into account his heated seats and the fact that he brought my pillow and my favorite blankey. Yeah, I was a drooling snoring hawt mess. I'm sure I was lovely company. We drove eight hours to go get some equipment, dragging this big ole crazy trailer. (luv how I say "we" huh). Anyway, I was promised a pedi and dang it, I'ma beat that damn horse to death cause I didn't get my pedi! But I did have some fun hanging with him. Although, this city had the most homeless people I have seen since San Diego and holy hell at the occupy group of hippie worthless huggers. I swear, they were all smoking pot and dirty holding their signs. Seriously, I refused to hand out money, told them to shower, shave, and Wendy's was hiring. That shit burns my ass. Anywho.

Disappointment. I understand that life changes and people change but I still absolutely hate when someone disappoints me. Because frankly it isn't about them.... I expected something and didn't get it. It's all me. I'm not sure why I let myself get upset. Shake it off, and keep moving..... but I won't forget. I'll learn that lesson.

I'm sad to say that I'm so damn dry that it appears that I have grown scales. OMG gag. Seriously that is about the nastiest stuff I have ever seen in my life. I'm drinking water like a fish. And thanks to something on the internet (cause the internet can't lie right) I found a tip. I washed my legs. Shaved. And while still wet, I went ahead and rubbed in a shit ton of body oil. Then good news? It's not nearly as nasty. I'll be sure to keep you posted. I'm sure you absolutely will want to know that.

Side note: watching a cop show.... they are cracking me up, except they are prepping for a raid and it shows them using directions from Map Quest. WTF? Seriously, there is no way. Everyone knows Map Quest is ALWAYS WRONG. Off rant.

I'm sitting here typing this while snuggled up to my Murphy mandog. He's so sweet. While I was with Dave, he was boarded and he loves this place he goes cause he gets to play with the big dogs and he freaking lost .5 lbs running around and playing. Silly dog. But this morning, he had his vet apt to get his shots, dewormers and all that shit. fun. He always gets spazzy as shit whenever I pull up at the vet. My well behaved happy boy turns into THAT DOG. I have to drag him in, making me look like an asshole for dragging my dog on a leash. Then I have to constantly tell him "no" for trying to pee on everyone and everything. Then he poops. OMG kill me now. I hate the vet visit as much as he does now. Then afterwards, he ignores me for days. Cause it's all my fault. Except this time, Dave came along. I didn't say a word. I handed him the leash and told him, saddle up, all you. That damn dog. He peed before coming in. He promptly jumped up and weighed in. He played and was well behaved and even the vet was like "he's a whole new dog". Asshat. Dave gloated. Asshat. I'm retiring from vet visits from now on.

So Dave took me to eat at a steak house that we like. It's Montana classy. Meaning the inside is gorgeous and all wood and gloss. The tables are covered with a white paper they encourage you to doodle on while you eat and visit. The people are casual. Like really, casual. Flips and a cowboy hat and swim trunks were seen on the same individual. I needed some serious eye bleach. Gagk. Anyway, my sweet studman and I are talking and doodling. He was listening so intently while I discussed my disappointment. Then when our food came, I made the waitress hold up for a sec... so I could take a picture of the table. lol I'd doodled hearts and flowers and shit and he'd drawn an elaborate crane. It was hysterical. The steak was the bomb. I do so love Montana meat.

Okay, taking my tired grumpy butt to bed! Good night all.