Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Contents Under Pressure

I'm a wee bit stressed. Who I am freaking kidding, I'm like a shaken up hot can of coke that is about three seconds from taking your hand off when it explodes! Worse part, I've just turned in my test with what I'd put money on is the best damn argument I've done in my life and nobody but my professor will ever know. Crap. So that is done and the list is still lengthy. I really tend to do my best work under pressure. Although if you know me at all, you know that I'm under pressure 99.9% of the time. There is always a long and lengthy list of things that need my attention be it my babies, their scheduling (I'm STILL behind on dental cleanings damnit) of appointments, tournaments, school functions, lessons, friend get togethers, birthday parties they need to attend, and etc. Or my school, or my work (lord not going there as there is always a long list that I never seem to get to there), or things for Dave or shit sometimes just things for me (like remembering to shave my hairy ass legs before wearing shorts out in public, nice one!). The things that irrate me the most are the stupid stuff, like forgetting to put deo on the grocery list thus necessatating yet another run to Wal-Mart which is a guaranteed $100 right there (if you can walk in and get one thing without remembering 30 others you need, very nicely pull your bottom lip over your head and shut up, cause I can't, lol). I do that constantly. Tonight I reminded myself three times that I need gas and to get a new tire asap. Yep, on the way home I kept saying to the kids over the radio, "what IS that noise" well my car not only blinks a pretty little orange symbol at you but also flashing how many miles till empty and when it's damn near dead from thirst it'll start "dinging" at you. Yep, in the morning I HAVE to stop for gas or I'll be in the morning conference call via the side of the highway. Could someone please call me at 6:50 am and remind my ass to GET GAS.

Yeah, funny thing. I have yet to figure out how to carve stress from my life. I just don't have the bandwidth to do it without something big going without and I refuse to allow that so here we be. So I'm once again forced to try and find stress releases.......... smoking still helps (dont' bother even going there peeps, I already know), zumba landed me back in my knee brace for the last week so no help there, running helps but frankly I have yet to find any time this week and when I can go late at night there's that whole leaving the kids alone while they sleep thing (AINT gonna happen) and I'm truly scared that one of these backwoods Texans coming off the swing shift sleepy will plow my ass over on the side of the road so nope. Baths help but I"m starting to look like a prune, very ashy for a white girl! Yeah, running out of suggestions. Lately I just start thanking God for every tiny little blessing I have until I forget what I was stressing about. Come to think of it, should have tried that first. So if you pass me and my lips are moving, I'm destressing, leave me be.