Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, July 21, 2011

Life or Something Like It

Usual crazy week here in Texas, the kids are awesome, work is good, my parents are the bomb (long weekend just chilling) and the rain finally came. :)

We've gotten our tournament list for August and we gonna be traveling the good state of Texas this fall! Good gravy here we come. Select ball is just so freaking fun! Tonight's practice was good especially since it's been over a week since the girls got together as the rain finally came. Even funnier cause my kid is probably the only girl in the state who wears camo to softball practice.

The rain was here with a vengence! We'd recently had some construction done on the facility so the new rollup door was a faulty gateway to the new canal that would be the warehouse extension. It's bad when you're pulling techs and handing them mops and cases of papertowels to keep the water at bay. Every window on the east side of the building leaked too under the sideways downpour leaving people drawing straws to see who was going out to tighten the casings. It was a madhouse. I spent my time snapping pics of soaked workers and on the phone with Dallas trying to get facilities to throw us a bone and get some help out here asap.

Prin has advanced to solo cooking which both pleases me and scares me to death. She bakes and cooks now with an oven and full stove priviledges. While being extremely helpful, I still find myself ending every "sure go ahead" with the following "and if something catches fire, empty the house, call 911 and then me, in that order". The kid is just so growny. And eyeballing my damn shoes!!!!!!!!! Freaky 12.5 year old feet.

We got the kids new bat in too which was hello! A pop bat due to the pop sound it makes when it hits the barrel verses the traditional ping, that bat is also legal all the way through college softball. And that beech was on super sale! Hello! Sale, love it. Seeing this kid just wale on buckets of balls in the batting cage was fun! Although I suck and busted up my hand during my bucket. Not to mention my new perfume is hot and icy. Damn 34 year old lower back muscles! I may be too old for this....may.

Duchess finally finally finally, got the nerve to pierce her ears. And in typical Duch manner, once her mind was made up it was right now right now right now, why wait? Good grief. It was so much fun though, all us girls took her and B documented the process with a million and one pictures that are being held hostage on her camera on her vacation now. But my baby is stunning with her new "decorations". She is also extremely OCD about after piercing ear care. Kinda of the same way I behaved after my tattoo, lol.

Speaking of tattoo's, I have an adaption drawn up and ready to add to mine. Fun!

I had the pleasure of having IT week at work this week too, which is why I'm surprised that I have the patience to sit here and type up all this. Between me and the IT guys from Austin, we reimaged 93 laptops and fixed other various issues. Needless to say it's been an insane week.

I currently have two sweet little black dogs ruling my house. Murphy's bff, Stella Rose (B really gets the cool name thing!) is visiting while his momma is on vacation. Which means there is twice as much noise at the door, two dogs hogging my bed anytime I get anywhere near it, and she fell into my tub with me while trying to drink my bathwater. Life is never dull at my house peeps.

Coming up soon, school shots for my kiddos. Who's gonna go and hold my hand?