Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, June 4, 2011

In The Bayou....with us....

We do things a little different down here, in the country.... in the bayou.... :)

So when my folks come to visit there are a few things we MUST accomplish.

 Like spending five hours driving through the bayous and boondocks, jamming out and checking out cool sites and stores. Fun! Please notice that my 12 year old is damn near the same size as me, holy crap! I'm scared. I can only imagine how this pic will go next year when I have to look UP at her.

 After a sleepover with a bff, Prin was starving marvin so a breakfast burrito was a must! Please notice the different color nails and ever present cell phone in hand, lol.

 Bayou!

 My peeps walking in the bayou....

 My sitting my lazy butt down in the air conditioning!

 It didn't take much to convince Duchess to join me. This is her newest pose! Hey look, I shaved my legs!

 More bayou....

 There was a gator under the bridge, about three feet long and he was eatting the corn nuts that Duchess was throwing him. Illegal activity!

 More bayou......

 Prin, spitting on the gator.... really there is no explanation for this behavior, sigh.
 Ohhh see the gator?

 Speaking of the bayou's, please note "my little friend" that rested right next to me during the entire trip through the bayou! Safety first. Rather, shoot first, ask questions second.

 The photo elusive daddy eatting 10 lbs of boiled crawfish. That I drove straight into the ghetto to get for him, cause I love him. Bless their hearts, we've never had better service, or more people insist on giving us head of the line priviledges! Nicest people in town in that little store!

 Duch learning to peel her own....finally!

 Duch complaining about how spicy it was when you suck the head, snicker.

 Prin eatting it the cajun way!

 Mimi is teaching Duch the art of bug eatting.


Happy times!

 My dearest sweet momma! :)

 I love this ham! She cracks me up!

But sadly, Duchess learned that there is such thing as too much of a good time!

Enjoying our week! Hope yours rocks!