Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, May 1, 2011

Progress

Once again a great weekend is coming to a close. It's been a tough one for me. Didn't much feel like a weekend for me though it was good.

Friday we played a game with parents verses kids cause the other team forfeited without even bothering to show up. Nice!

Saturday I was up bright and early. Packed my case and off to the localish library to proctor testing for two of my finals this semester. That was a trail. Unlike most proctored tests, this old lady was a menance. I was literally locked in a glass room with no ipod (help! I have to have music to concentrate) and nothing but my test/book for almost six hours. Insane. I made 100% on the first. The second was the hardest test I've ever taken, I made a B. I cried. I sux.

The funny part about that was that the glass room was soundproof. So while being in the fishbowl, I quickly learned to sit hunched over so the people staring or walking by didn't break my concentration. Which means that I missed the argument my studly husband had with said little old bat. Apparently since I didn't have my cell phone (duh), he was worried after not hearing from me for so long so he and kids drove the 14 miles into town to come check on me. He approached the fishbowl and saw me all up in my test, then was run to ground by old bat and chewed out for "trying to bother me while I was testing!!!!! OMGAWD!" Hysterical and I can't believe I missed it. So when I finally got done, cried in the bathroom over my damn B and turned my phone on, they were down the street at a deli waiting on me, with food. Bless their hearts they were just what I needed. Hugs and GF sandwich made momma all better.

Then my local health food store apparently broadened their selection of GF foods so I stocked up on cinnamon rolls, muffins, bread and even onion rings. Hello! Score!

I managed to get home finally at 7 just in time to be there when Prin's BFF came over for the night. We had a blast. We taught her to two step and we cooked a late dinner and basically I sat in Dave's lap until I was all better. Just what I needed. Even better, when BFF's dad dropped her off, he stayed to visit with Dave and play with guns. Then BFF's mom stopped by on her way home from work and we ended up having a good little visit. That was fun. Especially since BFF's mom talked me into going to a painting class after work on Monday. Dave registered us online (before I could come up with a reason not to go) and I have a hot mom date with a glass of wine and painting tomorrow night. Fun! Look at me make progress, I'm doing something with a girlfriend, OMGAWD.

This morning I was up to NO FREAKING AC in this hot ass Texas heat. So I was literally sweating the lbs off writing papers while Dave took kids to church and then a movie (Soul Surfer, he said it rocked). I got alot of school churned out and the Greek AC man fixed the breaker to give me some sweet cold air. Thank you Jesus for the fact that he lives down the road! My blessied husband was so awesome in making sure I had some quiet time to hunker down and finish alot of the school I have left.

This afternoon we played some ball with the kids at the park and Dave cooked dinner, inviting BFF's folks over. Entertaining two nights in a row, holy cow, stop the presses. It was fun. I wrote my papers, the boys played in the gunsafe and then we all chatted. They even cleaned my kitchen before leaving, insisted. I think I"m in love. Hell, Dave wants to adopt them now, lol.

The kids were fab and so good this weekend. Lots of daddy time and fun play time with their friends. Duch played all afternoon with a friend and was covered in dirt. Prin and BFF shot bbguns all afternoon. It was a laid back day in the sticks yo.

So very blessed is me. I'm so very thankful for my life and the wonderful people in it.

And so jealous that my momma and daddy are kicking it up in Vegas but they did get me a shirt so there!

Back to the grind! Papers to churn out. Almost done with school!!!!!!!!!!!