Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's Barely Noon and I'm spent....

So a great older guy I work with is on the board of the local, with a long waiting list gun club. Today the girls and I were his guests, if I like it....he's sponsoring my membership. I SOOOOOOOOOO LIKE.

We hit up the club in time to watch the cowboy shooters, who only shoot reproduction or authentic weapons and dress the part. Then there were the snipers on the 600 yrd range working on wind speeds. Lastly we got to watch the close quarters speed handgun competition which George was participating. It was awesome. I had to decline the offer to compete today (they had a gun, holster and ammo ready, sigh) but with three girls with me today, I just couldn't take my eyes off them. It was live rounds and being their first time in that kind of environment, I was paranoid. Crazy, cause all three girls (mine and a friend) were fabulous and loved it!


 It's where's Waldo, but I'm in there. The only chick on the entire range. The kid in red was there to watch his grandpa who managed to finish his run in 15 seconds and minus 3. DAYUM, that old guy was seriously awesome!
 The cowboy shooters went nuts over my left-handed shooters, offering up a truly priceless gun to let Prin try it out. I about wet my pants.

 The silver lightening gun was so damn loud, although it jammed like crazy. Apparently that is normal for that piece.

 Flowers on the range mom!

 Kid was quiet and fascinated with the whole process this morning. Proud of my girls, they were so good. Both are interested in joining the club's youth team. We'll see what daddy says about that.

 Afterwards, over to Mr. Lance to get purty. Prin got a great cut and all dolled up.

And Duch too. Although her's went straight back into a ponytail. She is my kid, lol.

And now, I'm exhausted. Naptime!