Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, April 25, 2011

Why I'm Not Ashamed To Not Be Creative

So when we moved into this house, I splurged on a bedding set for the master bedroom. Cause a room that makes me so happy should be purty. I get so little sleep that I literally giggle everytime I walk into my room, so freaking love my bedroom.

(and some people who know what a cheapscape I am, literally just passed out at my use of the word splurge, lol)

So when SOMEONE decided to wash my comforter to remove the Murphy drool spot, the whole bottom seam came unravelled and open. Ghetto city. And I tried ducktape but it didn't last a week.

Finally got smart, sucked it up and dropped it off at the dry cleaners to be "fixed" and cleaned. I didn't ask how much, does it really matter? I was gonna leave it no matter what so I'd rather not know.

They called today. $8 to fix the sewing.

Excuse me, seriously?

$8 freaking dollars?

This is why I don't get all twisted up over my lack of creativity and girlie crap.

I can PAY someone $8 to sew a pain in the ass comforter fixed and not hurt myself, bleed all over something and basically stress myself out.

I'd rather waste my money on something useful like slut novels, shoes, softball tournements, wii games, and Sonic drinks than sew, make hair bows, or scrapebook.

(found a shop in the mall where you can buy hairbows too, snicker)

So the main idea to this whole story: Murphy is kicked out my bed so he can't drool on my really nice comforter. Cause the I have the matching drapes and pillows and everything, and I'll never ever open my wallet enough to buy it all again.

Amen.