Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rain!

We finally got some rain down here in East Texas. Whew, the burn bans have been waving for awhile and I was happy to have rain to fall asleep to. Although not happy to have a dog and a child wake me up at 3am cause the thunder/lightening was so bad it scared the crap out of them. Poor babies. Then there was my and Murphy's special mommy/doggie bonding time at 530 when I let him out and he promptly fell off my porch into a mudpuddle so early bath time for him! Nothing says happy Tuesday like fighting a dog in the tub before the sun rises.

Today was TAKS tests for my kids. I was so worried as it's their first real state test ev-ah so I put them to bed early. Got them up and made them homemade breakfast tacos to fill up their little brains with knowledge and packed them a super duper lunch. Par for the course, Duchess swears it was easy cheesy and Prin was like... I miss 3 or 30, I have no idea. lol. She's like me, can't really peg how she did on any test. But tomorrow is the reading portion so it's rinse and repeat here. Big ole healthy dinner, early to bed (no dancing with the stars for us tonight) and then yummy breakfast to send them off. Another month of school and my babies are off for the summer.

Excited to have Dave home all next week! Gonna enjoy some chill time with my guy. He starts traveling for his new job (all over US and possibly Canada) on the 9th and I'm super proud of my guy. Three weeks till he's awarded his degree and he's already nailed a job using that degree. So very proud! I do believe there will be fishing in our future next week.

So while I'm cooking dinner, Prin is reading and Duch is play Wii golfing ... we're gonna send our regrets and hop off here.

HUGS!