Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gizzards and Boudin

What a long week. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. Haven't been sleeping, juggling everything but life is good.

Prin is still breathing, bless her little 12 year old stubborn ass heart. Life sucks for her lately, especially those 4:30 am jogs with daddy. But you should be more careful before complaining to daddy about how your life is sooooooo hard. Now for the next couple weeks, she's on his schedule which explains why she's going to bed at 730 pm everynight. After those jogs, she gets to practice her piano lessons until momma's alarm goes off then start getting ready for her day. The kids' in bootcamp around here. Once a military man, always a military man. She's learning a powerful lesson but that little spark in her eye is still there so we ain't completely breaking her.....which is perfect.

Duch is great. Should be rocking straight A's on her report card Friday so dinner/movie for her! Piano lessons going well and all around helpful....guess she's learning from Prin too. Sweet child was overheard offering to run Prin's feet since they were sore from the jogs. Although honestly, I'll level with you on the fact that she charges for footrubs so she gets somethign out of it too. She keeps her cash in a little wooden box that I've apparently been carrying in my purse for some time. Crazy! She was digging it out to put another dollar in it earlier and I was like ummmm how did that get there? Safekeeping she says, so she won't be tempted to spend it all. lol. okay.

Work is great. Still waiting for the shock of that to rub off. Somehow I ended up doing exactly what I've always loved...projects. IT projects, phone projects, anaylsis projects on data.....love it all. Got I9 qualified today to handle the in-division HR paperwork for the company. Got some of my perks scheduled today too. Went to a satelite office to personally meet all the managers/sups/techs and eat bbq with them in the parking lot, was nice. Humerous even as I came face to face with the internal candidate they interviewed last with me, she was not happy but luckily I didn't know who she was until after she'd stormed off and slammed a door...........hello, mature much? Goodbye temp badge, my official badge came in today and I have to say...I have a HUGE head apparently. Either that or someone had fun with photoshop. Cause there is no way my head is really that BIG on my shoulders. Good grief. If it is, say nothing and we'll move on. Two teleconferences and a crap ton of data sorting and I was done for the day. I love how the work is a variety of things and each day is different. Plus I love my tv and cable in my office....although I'm ashamed to say I've never turned it off Fox news, guess you can actually be too busy to watch tv, now I listen to the news all day long. Daddy would be so proud of me. Hell, I even know what tomorrow's weather will be, very unusual for me. Quick, check and see if it's snowing in Arizona!

Murphy the wonder dog still acts like I've been at sea whenever I come in after work. He gets to me before the kids and he's still so excited that he shakes all over. True love!

But I'm still up battling a tummy that is cursing the bbq I had today, only in Texas will you have a bbq in a parking lot with gizzards, boudin, chicken legs, pork chops, sausage (regular), and baked beans. No other sides, just some slices of bread, lol. And guess what? I didn't have to set up, cook it, order it, or even gasp clean it up........life is good.

Hugs and kisses everyone. Keep praying for Prin as she works through this issue she has going, and keep praying for us the parents, sigh..........kids, dang.