Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Back in The Saddle

Well today was the first day in over a year that I've punched a timeclock.

Okay that's a bit dramatic. There was no timeclock, I'm salary. But you get the idea. I put on my business casual except I learned a long time ago to kick up a few notches on the first day. I met all the people in the district office. Luckily noone will have to bother me. My boss is next door and his three managers who will work with me are in offices surrounding us and then there is a locked door between us and everyone else.

It's heaven!

Seriously, heaven!

No yakking idiots. No whining people. Silence.

And I have a door.

It's been a long time since I've had an office with a freaking door. I was so tempted to shut it and close my blinds and just rub up against it. But that's pervy and I promised myself to wait till end of day Friday before I do that.

But it's a door.

The office is huge, the desk is huge. The chair is awesome and the computer screen is as wide as my dashboard.

The work is piled up so you have to go around the desk to actually see the chair.

Perfect.

Bring it on!

That said, I tripped twice over a piece of worn carpeting (the office is scheduled for remodel next month, and it needs it!). I kept forgetting that there is NO PRESSURE needed on the handle to the ladies room door therefore ensuring that when I went bursting in that I slammed it against the wall and fell into it every single time today. The first time actually brought people running cause it sounded like a bomb went off, kinda embarrassing! Didn't help that I was crumpled up against the damn door either. Sigh. But other than that and the mouse nibbled chocolate they left on my desk, it was a good day.

Tomorrow will be about work work and work. I have to get my butt busy and make my mark.

First thing, organize!

That said, I missed my kids so dang bad. I missed my dog. I kept texting my kids till they just stopped texting me back, not a good sign. Seriously thinking of getting the youngest a phone so I'll have someone else to text with. Don't tell her I said that.

The commute wasn't too bad, much better in the morning than on the return.

I survived.

Now if only I sleep more than two hours tonight.

The damn insomnia is back.

Thank you for your prayers and patience!

Hugs.