Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Running Away

So Princess came home with lice last night...............Kill me now. Found a few lice (GAG) and some nits (ewwwwww) then checked Duchess and here we go again. This damn school system is under a lice seige every winter apparently. Kill me now...... Dave is threatening to shave his and MY heads if we end up with this crap cause of the babies. He thinks I can rock the O'Connor look, or as I like to think, my daddy's cueball look. Seriously, all morning was spent doing treatments and now they are saute-ing with olive oil treatments under some big ole "I am in the robbing of convenience stores line of work" hats.

So I am busier than crap as usual. I managed to go from no waiting laundry to a mound almost as tall as the kids.

Except before the nightly head check last night I managed to outdo myself. I must be feeling better. Not only did I get dressed (dude, hair and makeup.....Dave just stared at me over dinner trying to figure out what was different, poor guy) but I went and did my paperwork to sub for the school district....desperate to get ouf of the house during the day. But then I created a new recipe.

I made a homemade pesto (with southern ingredients which really isn't pesto huh, but it was green!!!) Then stuffed some chicken breast with it, drapped them bastards in bacon and cooked at 500 degrees. Surprised the crap out of me, but the kids ate and loved every bite. Dave cleaned his plate and they were all looking to the stove for more.....ummmmm didn't make extra, opps. So then while we played us some chicken feet.....I threw together my own recipe for apple crisp. And seriously Dave, Princess, and I ate the entire pan.........a 9x13 pan of apple crisp.......we ate it ALL. I'm kinda ashamed, just kinda. That stuff was the bomb.

So tonight I have to outdo my latest creation. Going simple with a homemade spaghetti sauce made with italian sausage instead of beef and then I'm attempting gluten free apple turnovers. We'll see. Once these kids get on the bus in the morning, I'm going to collaspe....good grief. And I just misspelt that but am too lazy to backtrack. Love me anyway.

So I have two full weeks of school left. 2 birthdays to get my butt in gear on and volunteer stuff lined up at the school. I mean come on..........people I hope you realize it isn't easy staying home. When I worked, I had a nanny who helped out with the house and did the kids' running around until I got home and could switch out with her. Now that I'm running everyone's lives, I'm just as freaking busy. SO I learned my lesson, lol. There are no bonbons here.........although I did watch Oprah yesterday but Dave threatened to disconnect the satelite if I did it again, snicker.....

On that note, I have to go lice spray some mattresses and then start the kids' on homework.

Peace out.........with love