Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, November 9, 2007

Send My Award.....

I'm awaiting the arrival of my Mom of the Year award......
Because since Princess is an all around great kid, plus she is carrying straight A's.... we decided to treat her to a concert, her first concert, a Hannah Montana concert. Yep, we were on crack that day.

So we looked at all the high ass ticket prices and noticed that in our area tickets were going on sale the next morning, luck..... all luck people. I logged in and in four minutes had two tickets for less than 100 bucks total cost....sweet baby. Good deal. So it was set.

When we told her we waited till Duchess was spending time with Mims and we were picking Princess up from ballet one saturday morning, her whole body shot down to the floorboard and she began to convulse in delight......it was a good 30 minutes before she could actually speak. It was a little disturbing.

But for one glorious week I had the perfect tool to ensure my every wish was granted......the concert.

Then it was the night of the concert.......I had to work late, I left work late, I'm in the house on my cell working and trying to get dressed. In the car, on the cell working, stuck in traffic on the cell working, finally my kid sticks her ipod in and ignores me. Then I'm getting close to where I'm suppose to be but can't remember my exit so I interrupt the travel agent on the phone, have them get on google maps and give me directions.......perfect......finish working and arrive in plenty enough time to park and get a great spot close to the concert, with good lighting as demanded by The Man who was on business out of town and couldn't attend, lucky B~

So we park and head off to the nearest food joint for something to eat. My kid is vibrating with energy at this point and will not stop moving for the rest of the night.......

Then we enter and get our seats.......in the nosebleed section. She was not impressed but once I gently reminded her that I still had time to take her home and switch her out for the grateful kid, she turned on the charm. I was very disappointed because our tickets we bought were not in the same area as the tickets that we were given, but you move on.......maybe
She was singing before the show ever started.......she sang all night, I may have sang some too....

So what if I look like crap, it was her concert not mine.......

So the sound was amazing but again, the seats were a little high......

The Jonas Brothers were cute and Princess kept threatening to faint.... geez I remember a similar feeling seeing Bon Jovi once.....that 3000 song is just too cute.
It was quite the colorful show, no nasty stuff, no skin, no nasty language, all clean pre-teen fun.

Then I realized that perhaps Princess wasn't getting the full CONCERT effect. SO I did that thing that I do.......

I got better seats......literally throwing a fit and refusing to leave so the ticket people could close, took me 8 minutes to get third row seats for free upgrade. The floor was packed with extras and contest winners and didn't look appealing so I was happy....... Princess was in awe of my mighty ways......watch and learn grasshopper.......

So when Hannah/Miley came out, we had great seats right next to the stage. We saw everything and we were so stinking close......

They danced, we danced, I texted alittle and I called The Man so he could hear them all going ape-crap around me......
She danced and danced and sang and sang and was the happiest little girl.........ever.....


Here's Miley..........pretty dang close we were....

Bye Bye, good night..........
So does it mean your getting old if you stay up till 1:30 in the morning at a tween concert?